- Who we are.
- The personal information we collect about you.
- What we do with your information.
- Who your information may be shared with.
How the law protects you:
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) we can only use personal information if we have a proper reason to do so. Therefore, we will ensure we have one or more of the following reasons before processing your data:
- To fulfil a contract we have with you.
- When it’s our legal duty.
- When it’s in our legitimate interest.
- When you consent to it.
Who we are:
Oak View Landscapes Limited are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, (i.e. we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
Information we collect / process.
a) Personal information provided / processed
We may receive information about you or your business directly or indirectly from other sources. This information may include:
- Contact information including names, email addresses and telephone numbers.
- A record of the contact forms received via our website.
- Any other information relevant to new enquiries and the delivery of our services e.g. reports, photographs, drawings etc.
- Accounting, compliance and personnel records required for the operation of our business.
- Any permissions, consents or preferences submitted to us.
b) Personal information you provide about third parties
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you:
- Shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data;
- Shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf;
- Shall consent on their behalf to the transfer of their personal data abroad.
c) Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor communications such as emails and telephone calls for the following purposes:
- Quality assurance.
- Fraud prevention.
d) Cookies and similar technologies
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer or electronic device when you access our website. Similar technologies include web beacons, action tags, local shared objects (‘flash cookies’) and single-pixel gifs. Such technologies can be used to track users’ actions and activities, and to store information about them. We use these cookies and/or similar technologies on this website.
- how many times a user visits the website
- which pages a user visits
- traffic data
- location data.
This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this information may be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
- To engage with potential clients.
- To deliver our services.
- To invoice and collect payments from clients.
- To manage and enhance our working relationship with you and your business.
- To comply with laws and regulations applicable to us.
- To respond to complaints and seek to resolve them.
- To meet our contractual obligations.
- To develop and carry out approved marketing strategies.
Who your information may be shared with:
- Oak View Landscapes directors and company employees.
- 3rd party consultants working on our behalf.
- Any party connected to a project or contract that we are involved in. e.g Landscape Architect.
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- As a legal obligation. e.g. passing data on to HMRC.
- In performance of or steps towards a contract e.g. Employment contracts, details of training records for landscape contracts.
- Vital interests e.g. passing on personal details or medical information in an emergency situation.
- In the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
We will not sell your personal data. We will only use your personal information to send you marketing literature if we have either your consent or a legitimate interest. You can request that we stop sending you marketing literature by contacting us at any time.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
These measures may include the following examples:
- user account access is controlled by a unique username and password.
- all data is stored on secure servers.
- payment details are encrypted using SSL.
However, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using our web site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
Links to other websites
What rights do you have?
Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or it, please:
- email, call or write to us (using the contact details below).
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
- We will retain personal information on employees for 2 years after you have left the companies employment with the exception of financial information that will be kept for a minimum of 6 years. Right to correct any mistakes in your information.
- You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- contact us using the contact details below
- let us have enough information to identify you (eg account number, user name, registration details), and let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
Right to complain
If you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information please let us know.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at http://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Right to Erasure / to be Forgotten Only if certain requirements are met:
- we don’t need to keep the data anymore for the purposes for which it was collected
- the data subject withdraws consent
- the data subject objects to the data processing (where legal basis is “public task” or “legitimate interest”
- we were processing the data unlawfully
- the data subject was a child at the time of collectionIf the legal basis for processing the data is “performance of a contract” or “legal obligation” and processing is fully lawful then the request will be refused
Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
- You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please email, call or write to us (using the contact details below)
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone)
From time to time we may also have other methods to unsubscribe from any direct marketing including for example, unsubscribe buttons or web links. If such are offered, please note that there may be some period after selecting to unsubscribe in which marketing may still be received while your request is being processed.
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
or post: Oak View Landscapes Limited, Pattens Yard, Nayland Road,West Bergholt Colchester.Essex CO6 3DQ
or telephone: 01206 271676
Date: May 2018